It was a brief meeting of the Cherokee County Board of Education on Wednesday afternoon with board members receiving for review a copy of the July 2016 Bank Reconciliation, Cash Balance and Financial Statement in addition to a review of the Accounts Payable for September.
The board also approved the Energy Saving Budget for Spring Garden School. Several out-of -state travel items were also approved including;
- Dexter Vines and Spring Garden FFA Students to attend the National FFA Convention in Indiana October 19 – 22
- Curt Hendon and Gaylesville FFA Students to attend the National FFA Convention in Indiana October 19 – 22
- Leah Nelson, Erin Young and the CCHS Girls Basketball Team to travel to Jamestown, TN to participate in a Basketball Tournament
- Ricky Austin and the Spring Garden Girls Basketball Team to travel to Cleveland, TN on November 25, 26 to participate in a Basketball Tournament at Bradley Central High School
- Mindy-Hittle McNair and Cherokee County High FFA Students to attend the Sunbelt Ag Expo in Moultrie, GA on October 17-19
In other business, the board accepted a bid from Transportation South, Inc for a 2018 Type “C” School Bus with STARS seating in the amount of $94,730. A number of personnel items were also approved and you can find those by clicking on the link below.
Current Job Postings include; Secondary Title Tutor, Instructional Paraprofessional at Gaylesville School and a CNP 4 hour worker, Child Nutrition-Cafeteria Assistant at Cherokee County High School.