Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook!
- Green Bag Lunch Program Regular programs continue on the third Thursday of the month
Thursday, September 15: “Organic Gardening and Seed Saving” with Charlotte Hagood,
Sand Mountain Seed Bank Co-founder. 12:00 -1:00 P.M.
Just bring your lunch: Drinks and dessert will be here!
Next month: “Fire-Safe Planting” of the with Matt Woodfin of the Forestry Service
Thursday, October 21 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Storytime happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 A.M. Songs, music, crafts, and of course, books!
- Quilt Show The Sew Joyful Quilters will present their annual quilt show on Thursday, September 22, 2016. Visit this beautiful display of quilts old and new and meet their talented
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Trace your family tree with the library’s Genealogy Classes
Taught by Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year.
The next session begins on Monday, March 13. Advanced 9:00-10:00; Beginners 10:00-11:00; Trace Your Roots Online (for advanced users) 11:00-12:00
Sign up and materials fee required; call the library for details on upcoming classes.
- Drawing Class Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook.
For more information, drop by the class or call the library at 256-927-5838.
Watercolor Class: Elaine Dawson Henry will teach this class for students with previous experience in watercolor painting. The class meets on the second Thursday of the month from 1:15 to 3:15 p.m. October – December and on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month January—March 2017 Startup date is Thursday, October 13. Sign up is recommended.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
- Remember, the first seven days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition.
9.. The Board of Trustees of Cherokee County Public Library will hold its regular bi-monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 13 at 3:30. in the library conference room. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, call the library at 256-927-5838.