Library Press Release 10/17/2016
New Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Closings: Veterans Day, Friday, November 11 Thanksgiving, Thursday November 24 and Friday, November 25
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook!
- Green Bag Lunch Program Regular programs continue on the third Thursday of the month
Thursday, October 21: “Fire-Safe Planting” with the Alabama Forestry Service’s Matt Woodfin 12:00 -1:00 P.M. Just bring your lunch: Drinks and dessert will be here!
This year’s lineup concludes with “Decorating for the Holidays with Natural Materials” by Nationally Accredited Flower Show Judges Janice Knight and Gerrie Holbrook Thursday, November 17 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
- Trick or Treat: The library will host trick or treat for kids on Halloween. Come show off your costume and take a picture! Monday, October 31 from 3:00—5:00 P.M.
- Preschool Storytime Programs
Storytime is the place to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 A.M. Songs, music, crafts, and of course, books!
- Trace your family tree with the library’s Genealogy Classes
Taught by Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year.
The next session begins on Monday, March 13. Advanced 9:00-10:00; Beginners 10:00-11:00; Trace Your Roots Online (for advanced users) 11:00-12:00
Sign up and materials fee required; call the library for details on upcoming classes.
- Drawing Class Led by Kathy Pratt
Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook.
For more information, drop by the class or call the library at 256-927-5838.
Watercolor Class: Elaine Dawson Henry will teach this class for students with previous experience in watercolor painting. The class meets on the second Thursday of the month from 1:15 to 3:15 p.m. October – December and on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month January—March 2017 Startup date is Thursday, October 13. Sign up is recommended. Call the library for more information.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
Remember, the first seven days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition