Library Press Release11/14/2016
Library Closings: Veterans Day, Friday, November 11
Thanksgiving, Thursday November 24 and Friday, November 25
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook!
- Our state library, Alabama Public Library Service, wants to hear from youto help them plan for the next 5 years of service to the public. Take their survey at http://webmini.apls. state.al.us/survey and attend one of the town hall meetings scheduled; call your library for more information (paper survey is available.)
- November’s regular Green Bag Lunch Program:
This year’s lineup concludes with “Decorating for the Holidays with Natural Materials” by Nationally Accredited Flower Show Judges Janice Knight and Gerrie Holbrook Thursday, November 17 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
This is our last for the year. But don’t worry! Regular programs will resume on the third Thursday of the month from 12:00—1:00 in January with an all-new lineup of informational gardening presentations.
- Enroll Alabama:A navigator will be available again this year to help applicants sign up for insurance under the Affordable Care Act. The navigator will be here from 12:00p.m.–5:00P.M. on the following dates: Nov. 29;Tues Dec.13;Tues. Dec. 27;Tues. Jan. 10; andTues. Jan 24.Appointments aren’trequired, but if you would like to avoid a wait, call Julie at 205-305-6506 or The Right Place at 256-238-6231.
- Preschool StorytimePrograms
Storytime is the place to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 A.M.
Storytime will not be held during Thanksgiving week (Nov. 22 and 24.) Programs continue Nov. 29 until our winter holiday recess beginning Dec. 21. Storytime returns Tuesday, January 10 with more songs, music, crafts, and of course, books!
- Trace your family tree with the library’sGenealogy Classes
Taught by Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year.
The next session begins on Monday, March 13.Advanced 9:00-10:00; Beginners 10:00-11:00; Trace Your Roots Online (for advanced users) 11:00-12:00 P.M. Sign up and materials fee required.
- Drawing Class Led by Kathy Pratt
Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook. Call or visit for more information.
Watercolor classes by Elaine Henry Dawson are available through the year; call for the next class startup date.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
- Fine Free Week: The first 7 days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
- The Cherokee County Board of Trustees will meet at 3:30 P.M. on Tuesday, November 22. This bimonthly meeting is normally held on the second Tuesday of the month and occurs on a different date for November only. For more information, call the library at 256-927-5838.