Library Press Release 11/28/2016
Library Closing: December 26 for Christmas holiday
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook!
- Enroll Alabama:A navigator will be available again this year to help applicants sign up for insurance under the Affordable Care Act. The navigator will be here from 12:00p.m.–5:00P.M. on the following dates: Nov. 29;Tues Dec.13;Tues. Dec. 27;Tues. Jan. 10; andTues. Jan 24.Appointments aren’trequired, but if you would like to avoid a wait, call Julie at 205-305-6506 or The Right Place at 256-238-6231.
- Preschool StorytimePrograms
Storytime is the place to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 A.M.
Programs continue from Nov. 29 until our winter holiday recess beginning Dec. 21. Storytime returns Tuesday, January 10 with more songs, music, crafts, and of course, books!
- Trace your family tree with the library’sGenealogy Classes
Taught by Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year.
The next session begins on Monday, March 13.Advanced 9:00-10:00; Beginners 10:00-11:00; Trace Your Roots Online (for advanced users) 11:00-12:00 P.M. Please sign up at the library to help our teachers plan for the class. (Materials fee required.)
- Drawing Class Led by Kathy Pratt
Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook. Call or visit for more information.
Watercolor classes by Elaine Henry Dawson are available through the year; call for the next class startup date.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.
- Fine Free Week: The first 7 days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
- Green Bag Lunch will be back in January! Regular programs will resume on the third Thursday of the month from 12:00—1:00with an all-new lineup of informational gardening presentations!
- Fine-Free Week: The first seven days of each month are fine-free! Bring back your books in good condition, no matter how overdue, and we’ll waive the fines!