ABC News(NEW YORK) — The holiday season is upon us, which means it’s easy to indulge and slip up on your workouts.
To help you stay on track, former professional volleyball player Gabby Reece brought her signature high-intensity circuit workout to Good Morning America viewers in an exclusive live stream.
Reece, a Fitbit ambassador, led a full-body workout live-streamed on ABCNews.com/live and the GMA Facebook page Tuesday.
The circuit workout, named the “HighX Workout for Transformation Tuesday”, is a high-intensity strength training and conditioning program designed to keep you on track through to the holidays and carry you into the New Year on fit footing, Reece says.
Watch the video below to try the full workout:
And here are Reece’s “HIGHX Holiday Prep Workout” Tips:
- Make sure to use weights you’re comfortable with based on your fitness level.
- Doing the moves safely and correctly is more important than doing them quickly.
- Make sure to breathe continuously through the activity and try not to hold your breath.
- Always drink water when you need it.
- Be willing to push yourself. It’s important to challenge yourself, your muscles and your body with different exercises to help you move more and in different ways that you may be used to doing. If it feels easy, be willing to add weight and work a little harder. Everything takes work, so embrace it, and don’t try to avoid the discomfort.
Fitbit is a sponsor of Good Morning America.
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.