Incredibly, no one was hurt when a propane tank explosion set a Rome house ablaze Wednesday evening.
At around 6:30 that evening, the Rome Fire Department responded to 28 Parkwood Circle, where the caller advised that the grill on the front porch had caught fire. Firefighters said that the flames then ignited two propane tanks.
The explosion caused the grill to crash into the attic of the home, causing extensive damage.
Fortunately the one adult and three children who were home at the time all escaped injury.