On Tuesday a Deputy made a traffic stop on County Road 562 and County Road 194. When the Deputy made contact with the driver Roy Lee Wilkes, 35 of Sylvania he noticed a strong odor coming from inside the vehicle. A search was conducted on Wilkes and of the vehicle and as a result Wilkes had marijuana, a meth pipe, and methamphetamine on his person. Wilkes was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, and unlawful possession of marijuana 2nd.
On Wednesday DeKalb County Deputies and Investigators along with Fort Payne Police Department, Sylvania Police Department and DeKalb County Drug and Major Crimes Unit came together to work a saturation and patrol in the County. In the process several individuals were arrested on various charges resulting from traffic stops and warrants. The individuals arrested are as follows:
During a traffic stop on County Road 515, Kalop Wayne Peppers, 28 of Fort Payne and Catherine Chyanne Wells, 32 of Rainsville was arrested. Peppers was arrested for four warrants, Failure to appear – Escape 2nd, Failure to pay – theft of property 1st, Failure to pay – Domestic Violence 3rd, and Failure to pay – Break/entering vehicle. Wells was charged with Unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of pistol without permit.
- Ricky Lane Darwin, 54 of Sylvania was arrested at his residence on Brandon Street in Sylvania, for a warrant of Failure to comply – trafficking in methamphetamine. Darwin was also charged with unlawful possession of controlled substance and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia when Officers found in possession of methamphetamine.
- Jason Cary Morris, 41 of Fyffe was arrested during a traffic stop at County Road 505 and County Road 90 in Rainsville. Morris was arrested for a Failure to pay warrant and new charges of resisting arrest, unlawful possession of controlled substance and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. Officers also recovered a stolen 4-wheeler that Morris has in his possession that was reported stolen on September 19th from County Road 81 on Lookout Mountain.
- David Franklin Wood Neal, 54 of Fort Payne was arrested during a traffic stop on County Road 102 in Sylvania. Morris was arrested for a Failure to comply – unlawful possession of controlled substance warrant and a new charge of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Bradley Shane White, 43 of Rainsville was arrested during a traffic stop on County Road 27 and Highway 75 in Sylvania. White was charged with unlawful possession of controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, marijuana 2nd, and illegal possession of prescription drugs.
- Rodney Wayne Whitaker, 55 of Ider was arrested during a traffic stop on Hickory Road in Ider for a warrant of probation violation.
Deputies and Investigators went to a residence on County Road 112 in Fort Payne to follow up on some leads on a case when they found that April Christine Goforth, 30 of Sylvania had a warrant for probation violation. While at the residence Deputies and Investigators found drugs. As a result April Goforth was also charged with unlawful possession of controlled substance, and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. Also arrested for the same charges were James Roy Goforth, 31 of Sylvania and Billy Earl McClendon, 42 of Fort Payne.
Officers had been looking for David Aubrey Brown, 24 of Pisgah for a warrant for Burglary 3rd. Officers found Brown at Highway 40 and Highway 75 in and he was arrested.
Chief Deputy Edmondson says “The saturation and patrol in the County was a great success. With most of these arrest being from traffic stops leading to drug arrest, we also arrested several individuals that we had been looking for that had warrants on them. Thank you to the Deputies, Investigators, Sylvania Officers, Fort Payne Officers and the Drug and Major Crimes Unit Agents for working together and doing such a great job on making these arrest possible.”