An almost century old home in the Subligna area was deemed a total loss despite the efforts of firefighters from several departments on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters say additions to the structure, and various remodeling over the years, hindered efforts to a certain degree. They began by attacking the blaze inside the structure, but were eventually forced to regroup and continue to fight the fire from the outside. Fire officials believe that electrical wiring was the cause of the fire – which appears to have started in an interior bedroom wall.
Fortunately, no one was hurt, though the house was completely destroyed. The firefighters were able to save two adjacent structures.
(AM1180 Chattooga County Radio)