The Centre Parks & Recreations Committee met on Monday afternoon to discuss the progress of sign-ups for the City’s Basketball League.
Parks and Recreation Director Charles Glazner said that sign-ups had been extended through Wednesday of this week in order to allow those who did not make the original deadline an opportunity to do so.
Also during that meeting it was discussed that the teams would be selected though a draft process which will work as follows –
- Coaches’ Child/Children will automatically be placed on the coach’s team as their last draft pick in the appropriate age group
- A coach who does not have a child may designate one player from the younger group of players as a “courtesy selection” (not a regular draft pick)
- All other players will be in the regular draft order of selection
Order of Selection –
- This will be drawn from a hat, I.E “1st pick”, “2nd pick”, etc
- The older players will be drafted first throughout complete rounds, If two or three players are remaining in the older age group after complete rounds selection is complete, these may be drafted when desired with the younger group
NOTE: This may have to be modified if there are more than two age groups involved
- Draft will follow a serpentine pattern, I.E. a six team league would draft –
Team A 1 12 13 24 25
Team B 2 11 14 23 26
Team C 3 10 15 22 etc.
Team D 4 9 16 21
Team E 5 8 17 20
Team F 6 7 18 19
Other Frozen Players –
- Twins or Children of the same household who will play in the same league must be picked in order one after the other by the same team – or first pick in their age group if they are different age.
The committee also agreed to use the same officiating crew as previous years paying and will pay three officials $60 per game.
Anyone that has any questions may contact Centre Parks & Rec Director Charles Glazner by calling 256-523-8509.