The Rotary Club of Centre recently coordinated a canned food drive through Cherokee County Schools. The drive benefited the Cherokee County Crisis Center. Approximately 7,500 cans were collected in this drive.
The Rotary Club would like to thank all students that participated by donating food items. Special Thanks go to the Cherokee County Career & Technology Center students in Mrs. Nation’s class and Mrs. Green’s class. They helped by unloading and organizing food at the Crisis Center.
Centre Middle School collected the most of all schools with 3,096 cans.
The classes that collected the most in their respective schools are as follows;
• Centre Elementary School Mrs. Sharlene Pollard’s & Mrs. Melissa Sliger’s class
• Sand Rock Elementary School- Mrs. Lori Brown’s class
• Centre Middle School-Mrs. Cynthia Green’s class
• Spring Garden High School – 10th grade Advanced English class
• Sand Rock High School – Mr. David Tillery’s class
• Cherokee County Career & Technology Center-Mrs. Jessica Green’s class