The Cherokee County Board of Education met in regular session on Tuesday afternoon.
The board voted to allow the Cherokee County Career & Tech Center to participate in a Job Training Program with Gadsden State Community College to offer an Electronics Class – Superintendent of Education Mitchell Guice said that this class will be for adults.
Employment Contracts were approved with Sheri Ray and Tina Arnold.
In Personnel Action included – the Retirement of Donna Morris, Teacher at Cherokee County High School who is leaving after 37 years of Service.
Certified Transfer by Agreement for 2015-2016 school year –
- Tayna Ragan – From half-time Counselor at Cedar Bluff School, half-time Counselor at Spring Garden to full-time Counselor at Spring Garden to be funded by 50% Foundation, 25% Local and 25% Title.
Certified Placements –
- Andrea Helms – 2015 Summer School Teacher – Effective May 27, 2015
- Mandi Caldwell – 2015 Summer School Teacher – Effective May 27, 2015
Leave of Absence –
- Randy Smith – Military Leave
Additional Supplement –
- Matthew Pharr, Soccer Coach – $600 less benefits – funded by the CCHS Corner Kick Booster Club
Current Job Postings –
- Assistant Superintendent
- Summer Feeding CNP Manager at Cedar Bluff School
- Summer Feeding CNP Worker at Cedar Bluff School
- Elementary Teacher at Cedar Bluff School
- General Science/English Teacher at Cedar Bluff School
- Elementary Teacher at Centre Elementary School
- Office Aide at Centre Elementary School
- Alternative School Paraprofessional at the Cherokee Co. Career & Tech Center
- Math Teacher at Cherokee County High School
- English Teacher at Cherokee County High School