The board approved the minutes from the previous meeting, received the accounts payable for February, received the bank reconciliation, cash balance and financial statement for January and received a proposed policy for Virtual School.
The board also approved a $200 for local instructional allocations per teacher for the 2016 fiscal year as well as an agreement with Background Investigation Bureau to conduct background screenings for volunteers with the school system.
The 2015/2016 Science Textbook Adoption Committee was also approved:
Community/Parent Members are –
• Corey Colbert
• Brook Carmon
• Keisha Payne
• Sandi Wolf
• Lisa Jarrett
System Representatives For Science Grades K-12 are –
• Wendy Tinsley
• Kathy Givens
• Melissa Sliger
• Christy Selman
• Karen Bishop
• Kelly Bates
• Brent Smith
• Erin Butler
• Kim Graves
• Lindsey Oliver
• Warner Smith
• Anthony Benefield
Personnel Action included:
Certified Placements –
• Priscilla Bartlett – School Counselor at Cherokee County High School, effective April 1st.
• Homebound Tutoring Services with Tujuana Coley
• Jeremy Goodwin, Cherokee County High School Electronic Clock Operator, $770 funded by CCHS Basketball
• James Miller, Assisted Transportation Department with Checking Buses, $290 funded by Transportation Department
• April Young, Volleyball Junior High Coach, $1,200 funded by local funds
2015/2016 Supplement Change –
• Colby Coursey, Remove Baseball Coaching Supplement effective immediately.
Out-of-State Travel was also approved for Keith Tolbert, Randy Rainey and the VEX Robotics Students to attend the VEX World Competition in Louisville, Kentucky April 20-23 to be funded by the High School Robotics Account.