Two students were presented with Scholarships by Lee Bailey, Federal Program Specialist representing the Alabama Community Education Association. Those students were; Dawson Foshee, in the amount of $1,000 to the attend Gadsden State Community College and Cade Gossett in the amount of $1,000 to attend the University of Alabama.
Following some lengthy discussion a motion was passed in favor of tabling the 2018 Capital Plan. Board member Corey Colbert expressed his interest in further discussing the findings by the Capital Plan Committee.
In other business the board received for review the 2017/2018 Salary Schedule in addition to a revised Bus Driver Job Description and approved Pest Control Services with Extermco for cafeteria pest control at Sand Rock and Cedar Bluff Schools and with Cooks Pest Control for cafeteria pest control at Centre Elementary, Centre Middle, Cherokee County High and Spring Garden Schools.
Current Job Postings include;
- Title Tutor at Centre Elementary School
- Secondary Teacher (tentative posting) at Cherokee County High School
- In-School Suspension/Instructional Paraprofessional (tentative posting) at Cherokee County High School
- JAG Teacher at Cherokee County Career & Tech Center
- Extended Leave Teacher Contract at Centre Middle School
- Physical Education Teacher (tentative posting) at Centre Elementary School
- Special Ed Paraprofessional with Bus Aide responsibilities (must hold valid LPN License, tentative posting) Countywide