The Cherokee County Christmas Parade will take place this Saturday beginning at 10:00 am – the line-up will be at 9:00 am (from DC Gas back towards Kmart) Parade route: Main Street, starts at DC Gas and ends at Centre Elementary School
1. Only One Santa (designated by Parade Committee)
2. Absolutely NO Candy or other objects allowed to be thrown except by Santa (safety of the children are a concern because of running into the street)
3. No more than 2 individuals are allowed to ride on hood or seat-back of one car.
4. If children are riding on a float, there must be adults walking beside float or riding on float for protection and safety of the children.
5. Signs should be white background with bold black lettering for easy reading. Glitter on top of lettering is permitted. Music is allowed.
6. Floats should be designed to be viewed from both sides.
7. All floats should have escort vehicles to and from the parade line up for safety.
Floats will be judged prior to parade. All floats must be in lineup position by 9:00am for judging. Those not in lineup when judges come around, will not be judged.
• No fee to be in parade. Monetary awards will be given to float winners. Categories are Business/Municipality, Civic/Non-Profit, and Schools.
• Name: __________________________________________________________________
• Contact person: __________________________________________________________
• Phone #’s: ______________________________________________________________
• Type of Entry: Float ______ Truck/trailer_______ Walking _________ Band __________ Horse________ Other (specify)
• Category: _____Business/Municipality ____Civic/Non-Profit
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 256-927-2768 or Mail to The Spirit of Cherokee, 801 Cedar Bluff Road, Centre, AL 35960
CALL 256-927-8455 for more information