This week’s meeting of the Cherokee County Commission was a brief affair – with few items on the agenda, including:
- An agreement between the Commission and Gadsden State Community College for use of the community meeting room on the Centre campus – for three dates in June and two in July
- Approval was given to hire John Bradley as Highway Maintenance Technician, for the County Highway Department
- A 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe belonging to the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office, was declared a surplus vehicle, to be sold at the next available public auction.
- Commissioners also approved a Commissary Services agreement, between the County Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office and Legacy Commissary Services.
- Commission members also signed a Proclamation officially adopting June 15th (2021) as “World Elder Abuse Awareness Day”
The next meeting of the Cherokee County Commission is set for Monday, June 28th at 5:00pm – taking place in the County Administration Building on the Cedar Bluff Road in Centre.