Library Holidays: Good Friday, April 19
Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month—April 1st at 3:30 PM!
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
April 18: Plant Exchange and Gardening Advice with Linda McDaniel and friends
May 16: What’s a Hypertufa? Making garden containers with Pam Hofer and Becky McMichen
June 20: Tool Care and Sharpening with the Cooperative Extension’s Eric Schavey
- Lunch Date with Your State: Second in our series of four Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime talks. Friday, May 17: Native Americans in Cherokee County
with County Historian Jim Lewis 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
- Code Club: Kids can gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Self-paced learning on a first come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
- TAME YOUR TECH! Two technology workshops coming up! (Prior registration is not mandatory, but helps our instructor plan for materials. Call 256-927-5838 to sign up)
Online Privacy Tuesday, March 26 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
Computer Troubleshooting Thursday, March 28 1:00 PM—3:00 PM
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM
April 9: Children’s Habits: Good or Bad; April 23: Smart But Helpless Kids; May 14: Recognition Day; May 28 Understand the Effects Stress and Trauma Have on Children; and the Simply Awesome Summer Program June 11 & 25.
- Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session!
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month. 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m. April 12th and 19th …and so on
- Genealogy Class with Rebecca Homan: Starts April 2, Tuesdays 1:00-3:00 PM. Call to register.
- AARP Smart Driver Course, Monday, July 8, 2019 9:00 AM –3:30 PM.
$15.00 for AARP members, $20.00 for non-members. Audit the course for free. Call to sign up!
- Storytime: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. A fun early literacy boost for preschoolers!
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Drawing Class: Ages 10 and up, Thursdays at 3:30 P.M.