Library Holidays: Monday, November 11, Veterans Day; Thursday and Friday, November 28 & 29, Thanksgiving
Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest: Decorate your pumpkin with a book theme using paper, glue, markers, or other craft materials (no carved pumpkins, please!) Turn it in to the library between October 21—25. Adult, Teen, and Children’s category winners will be announced on Monday, October 28. Pick up an entry form at the library today!
- Fall Code Club Showcase: the library’s Code Club will show off their skills and projects on Tuesday, November 12 at 3:30 in the library conference room.
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
November 21: “Deck the Halls with Dana”
*No Green Bag Lunch during the month of December—it’s planning time for the 2020 schedule. We welcome your program suggestions, and we’ll be back with an all-new lineup in January!
- Lunch Date with Your State: Our final Alabama Bicentennial program celebrates the Alabama Charter Date and the upcoming holidays on a musical note with the Cornwall Strummers! Friday, December 13th, 12:00—1:00 M. Just bring a lunch; we have drinks and dessert!
- Preschool Storytime is early literacy fun–songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M.—10:30 A.M.
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month. 4; Dec. 2.
- Trick or Treat at the Library October 31st! (More treats than tricks!) 3:00—4:30 P.M.
- Genealogy Class: taught by Rebecca Homan. Mondays 1:00—3:00 P.M. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up! This class is nearly over; a new class will begin in January.
- Art Workshop Thursdays at 3:30 P.M. Ages 12 and up; bring 8 X 10 sketchbook and 2 #2 pencils.
- Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy 2nd and 3rd Fridays each month!
11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M. No special clothing or skill needed. Nov. 8 & 15
- Code Club: Kids create games, apps, websites, and animations as they learn technology skills! Self-paced learning Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. Call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info. Oct 29: Keeping Children Safe: Household and Environmental Chemicals; 12: The Importance of Movement: UCP.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! Next date: Nov. 12, 12:00—3:00 P.M
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- org Affiliate: Log in or start a free account here for special database access.