Library Holidays: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, December 23, 24 &25, Christmas.
Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- Need Affordable Care Act help? Julie Hope with Enroll Alabama will be at the library from 8:00 A.M.—12:00 P.M. to help with sign-up one last time on December 11. You can leave a message for Julie at The Right Place 256-238-6231 or email her at email@example.com for additional help or to schedule a December 11 appointment here at the library.
- Lunch Date with Your State: Our final Alabama Bicentennial program celebrates the Alabama Charter Date and the upcoming holidays on a musical note with the Cornwall Strummers! Friday, December 13th, 12:00—1:00 M. Just bring a lunch; we have drinks and dessert!
- Preschool Storytime is early literacy fun–songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M.—10:30 A.M. Last storytime date is December 12; Storytime resumes on January 7, 2020.
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info. Dec 17: Explore the Arts with PBS Kids: APT. 7: Bouncing Back from Everyday Challenges: APT; Jan. 14: Development Milestones: What to Expect: UPC Feb. 11: Multi-Sensory Techniques for Teaching Reading and Math; Feb. 25: Moving Onwards: Encouraging Development from 6 to 12.
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month. Next meeting: January 6.
- Genealogy Class: taught by Rebecca Homan. Mondays 1:00—3:00 P.M. A new class begins January 17. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up!
- Art Workshop Thursdays at 3:30 P.M. Ages 12 and up; bring 8 X 10 sketchbook and 2 #2 pencils.
- Chair Yoga: will not meet in December, but we’ll see you January 10 & 17, 2020, 11:45—12:00
- Green Bag Lunch: No program in December—it’s planning time for the 2020 schedule.
Make a topic suggestion! See you on January16 at noon!
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! Next session: February 18, 1:00—3:00 p.m.
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Dig into your family’s roots withcom and FamilySearch.org—free, here at the library!
- Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary Go to the online catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke and click on the “Links” tab.
- Use your free org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.