Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- We’re ringing in the New Year with online safety tips for you!
Friday, January 17: Online Privacy and Security 1:00 P.M.—3:00 P.M.
- Preschool Storytime resumes on January 7, 2020 with early literacy fun–songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M.—10:30 A.M.
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
Jan. 14: Development Milestones: What to Expect: UPC Feb. 11: Multi-Sensory Techniques for Teaching Reading and Math; Feb. 25: Moving Onwards: Encouraging Development from 6 to 12.
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month. Next meeting: February 3.
- Genealogy Class: taught by Rebecca Homan. Fridays 1:00—3:00 P.M. A new class begins January 17. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up!
- Art Workshop Thursdays at 3:30 P.M. Ages 16 and up; bring 8 X 10 sketchbook and 2 #2 pencils
Special session from February 13—March 19: “Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain.”
- Chair Yoga: January 10 & 17, 2020, 11:45—12:00
Stretch with us; no special skill or clothing needed!
- Green Bag Lunch: We’re planning for next year. Make a topic suggestion! See you on January16 at noon for Starting Seeds with Janice Knight!
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! Next session: February 18, 1:00—3:00 p.m.
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Dig into your family’s roots withcom and FamilySearch.org—free, here at the library!
Use your free FamilySeach.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
- Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary Go to the online catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke and click on the “Links” tab.