Cherokee County Public Library Press Release 3/9/2020
310 Mary Street Centre, AL 35960 / 256-927-5838 / email@example.com
Library Hours: 8-5 M, T, TH, F 8-12 W Closed Saturday and Sunday
Library Holidays: Closed April 10 Good Friday Fine Free Week: 1st seven days!
Visit our card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke. Find us on Facebook!
- Book Signing! AG Helms will be at the library on March 13 from 10 AM – 1 PM to promote her new book Everyday Sinner.
- Centre Career Center: A representative will be on hand for your job hunting needs every Tuesday and Friday from 9 AM – 4 PM. Fridays during March only until 12PM.
- Code Club: Tuesdays 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM Fun and challenging activities teach kids 10 and up how to write computer code. Call Dana or Rebecca for more information.
- Preschool Storytime: Early literacy fun — songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM.
- Census Jobs: If you are interested in being a census taker. Stop by the library Thursday, March 12 from 10 AM – 1 PM and talk to a Census Recruiter.
- Kids & Kin: A Statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. Everyone is welcome! Contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info. Meetings are from 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
- March 17 Managing Emotions
- April 14 How to potty train children with special needs
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month. Next: April 6 at 3:30.
- Genealogy Class: Discover your roots! This 6 week class is taught by Rebecca Homan on Fridays from 1 PM – 3 PM. Next session starts April 17.
- Art Workshop: Thursdays at 3:30 PM Ages 16 and up; bring an 8×10 sketchbook and 2 #2 pencils.
- Chair Yoga: Need a stretch? Meets the 2nd and 3rd Friday of each month 11:45 AM – 12 PM. Next meetings are March 13 and March 20. No special skill or clothing needed!
- Green Bag Lunch: Gardening info and activities 12 PM on the 3rd Thursday of Jan – Nov. Just bring your lunch; we’ve got drinks and dessert!
- March 19: Pollinators and Pollinator Gardens with Josh Yerby
- April 16: Gardening through the Year with Master Gardener Tillie Morgan
- May 21: Show & Tell: Bring your favorite garden tool w/ Master Gardener Billy McDaniel
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet on Thursdays from 10 AM – 12 PM. Want to learn to quilt? The Quilters will host Piece, Patch, Quilt: Intro to Quilting from March 12 until April 23. The class will meet every other week from 10 AM- 12 PM.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! Meets March 30 12 PM – 3:00 PM
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, April 6 10 AM.
- Dig into your family’s roots with com and FamilySearch.org – free, in our genealogy room! Use your free FamilySearch.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
- Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary Go to our online catalog at www.tinyurl.mKoyke and click on the “links” tab.