Library will be closed for Memorial Day, Monday 31.
Visit our website at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- Green Bag Lunch returns May 20 at 12:00 pm. Just bring your lunch; we’ve got drinks and desserts.
- Rainwater Harvesting & Building Rain Barrels with Alabama Cooperative Extension Agent Rhonda Britton
- The Sew Joyful Quilters will meet Thursday, May 6, from 10 am -12 pm
- Good News: We Are Fine Free in 2021!
- Which means you will no longer receive a daily fine on overdue items.
- You are still responsible for returning your items because we need our books back.
- After materials are 30 days overdue, they will be considered lost, and the patron will be charged a replacement cost. If the materials are returned in the same condition as when checked out, the replacement cost will be waived. For more information, call 256-927-5838.
- eBooks: Cherokee County Public Library has joined with other libraries around the state to access eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines powered by Overdrive. This shared collection is called Camellia Net.
- To sign in, visit ESERVICES on our website: https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
- For more information, you are welcome to call 256-927-5838 or email at email@example.com
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, May 3, at 11 am
- Centre Career Center: Career Specialist Andre Mitchell will be at the library on Tuesdays & Fridays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm to assist in your job search needs. Call 256-927-5838 for information.
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month.
- For more information, call 256-927-5838.
- Kids & Kin: A Statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. Everyone is welcome! Contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
Meetings are from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- April 27 How to Raise a Voter
- May 11 What Summer Slide Actually Means
- Chair Yoga: Need a stretch? Join Linda Abernathy on the 2nd and 3rd Friday of each month from 11:45 am – 12 pm. Next meetings are on May 14 and May 21. No special skill or clothing needed!
- Dig into your family’s roots with com and FamilySearch.org – free, in our genealogy room! Use your free FamilySearch.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
- Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary Go to our online catalog at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/ and click on the “links” tab.