Library Closings: Memorial Day Monday, May 30
- Green Bag Lunch Program Regular programs continue on the third Thursday of the month
“All about Bees” with David Kelton
Thursday, April 21 12:00-1:00
Just bring a lunch; we’ll provide drinks and dessert.
Next month: “The Fern Lady” Eleanor Craig Thursday, May 1
- Job Hunters: Dana Pannell of the Alabama Career Center will be at the library to assist you on Tuesday, April 19 from 8:00—11:30.
- Genealogy Classes: Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. Next session runs May 2 through May 23. Sign- up and materials fee required; call the library for details.
- Reading Around Book Club has changed its meeting time. The Club now meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Storytime Programs Tuesdays at 9:30 (Ages 3-5) and Thursdays at 9:30 (Babies—younger 3 year-olds) Stories, music, crafts, and coloring fun. Programs run through the month of April and resume with Summer Storytime in June.
- Art Class Drawing with Cloud Farrow Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook.
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogical Society meets the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-12
- Our “First Friday” (the first Friday of each month) Book Sale spells savings for you—5 cents per item; all nonfiction is buy one, get two free. Something for everyone! Next sale date: April 2
- Don’t forget—the first seven days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition.
Coming up: Keep your brain in training this summer with the library’s Summer Reading Program “On Your Mark, Get Set—Read!” Magician Russell Davis kicks off the fun on Friday, June 3 at 10:00 a.m. Keep track of the books you read and earn prizes as you go!