Library Press Release 5/25/2016
Library Closings: Memorial Day Monday, May 30
- Coming up: Keep your brain in training this summer with the library’s
Summer Reading Program “On Your Mark, Get Set—Read!”
Magician Russell Davis kicks off the fun on Friday, June 3 at 10:00 a.m.
Keep track of the books you read and earn prizes as you go! Ages Preschool-Grade 6.
June 10: Sarrell Dental with some toothy fitness tips!
- Green Bag Lunch Program Regular programs continue on the third Thursday of the month
“Hydrangeas and Daylilies” with Nadine Bruce and Brenda Roe
Thursday, June 16 12:00-1:00
Next month: Darryl Patton explains “Herbs A–Z
Thursday, July 21 12:00-1:00
- Genealogy Classes: Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. Current session runs May 16 through June 13. Sign-up and materials fee required; call the library for details on the next session planned.
- Reading Around Book Club has changed its meeting time. The Club now meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Summer Storytime Programs Tuesdays at 9:30 through the month of June, beginning June 7.
Songs, music, crafts, and of course, books!
Following our summer series, Fall Storytime resumes September 13, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30.
- Art Class Drawing with Cloud Farrow Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook.
Elaine Henry Dawson will begin a Thursday watercolor class on June 30 at 3:30 P.M.
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogical Society meets the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-12
- Don’t forget—the first seven days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition. Also, check out our Book Sale room for some great bargains!