Library Press Release 7/6/2016
- Coming up: Keep your brain in training this summer with the library’s
Summer Reading Program “On Your Mark, Get Set…Read!”
Ages Preschool-Grade 6.
Keep track of the books you read, earn prizes as you go, and enjoy Friday programs.
Friday, July 8: The Summer Reading Finale
Make some noise at the library with BeAt Your Best!
Mark Seymour brings lots of musical instruments and fun!
Turn in your reading folders by Friday, July 15 to compete for top reader in your age group!
- Green Bag Lunch Program Regular programs continue on the third Thursday of the month
Thursday, July 21: Darryl Patton explains “Herbs A—Z 12:00-1:00
Next month: Thursday, August 18: A Fall Planting Guide with Dr. John Holbrook,
Master Gardener and Cherokee Rose Garden Club Member.
- Genealogy Classes: Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. Sign-up and materials fee required; Next session begins on July 11. Beginners 10-11, Advanced 9-10. Call the library for details.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Preschool Storytime resumes September 13, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. Songs, crafts, coloring and of course, books!
- Art Class Drawing with Cloud Farrow Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook.
Elaine Henry Dawson will lead an Intermediate session beginning Thursday, July 21 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. and run through September 8 for those with previous watercolor experience (such as the Beginner’s class)
Sign up at the library or call 256-927-5838.
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Don’t forget—the first seven days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition. Also, check out our Book Sale room for some great bargains!