Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
1. It’s finally happened! We have space in our Beginner’s Computer Course for the first time in four years! If you would like to join the next class (Starts April 29; MThF through May 24, 1:30 P.M. –3:00 P.M.) Sign up by dropping in or calling the library at 256-927-5838.
2. Want to show off your best dance moves? Do you want to help promote the Summer Reading Program? Then come on in and dance in our summer reading promotional video! If you’re good at dancing—or just like having fun—then ask us how you can be in the video.
3.TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month: May 6th at 3:30 PM!
4. Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
May 16: What’s a Hypertufa? Making garden containers with Pam Hofer and Becky McMichen
June 20: Tool Care and Sharpening with the Cooperative Extension’s Eric Schavey
July 18: Saving Seeds with the Sand Mountain Seed Bank’s Charlotte Hagood.
5. Lunch Date with Your State: Second in our series of four Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime talks.
Friday, May 17: Native Americans in Cherokee County with County Historian Jim Lewis; 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
6. Code Club: Kids can gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Self-paced learning on a first come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
7. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM
April 23: Smart But Helpless Kids; May 14: Recognition Day; May 28: Understand the Effects Stress and Trauma Have on Children; and the Simply Awesome Summer Program June 11 & 25.
8. Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session!
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month. 11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M.
9. Genealogy Class with Rebecca Homan: Tuesdays 1:00-3:00 P.M. Call for information
10. AARP Smart Driver Course, Monday, July 8, 2019 9:00 AM –3:30 P.M.
$15.00 for AARP members, $20.00 for non-members. Audit the course for free. Call to sign up!
11. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
12. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
13. Drawing Class: Ages 10 and up, Thursdays at 3:30 P.M.