Library Press Release 6/20/2017
Library Closings: Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4.
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit our interactive card catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke to ask out about our services, search for a book, and keep up with library events. Or find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Need to brush up on your tech skills? Our Computer Refresher course starts Wednesday, July 12, and meets Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m.—10:00 a.m. through August 3. Sign up is required! Call the library at 256-927-5838 or email us at email@example.com.
- Green Bag Lunch Gardening Program on the third Thursday of the month!
Thursday, July 20: “Hydrangeas” with Nadine Bruce 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Bring a lunch; we’ve got the drinks and dessert!
Thursday, August 17: “Drought Resistant Plants” with Jason Powell of Petals from the Past, 12:00-1:00.
- Summer Reading “Build a Better World” for Preschool-Age 12 starts Friday, June 2. Read to earn prizes; attend Friday programs to enter a weekly door prize drawing. We have a Teen Summer Reading program, too; sign up also starts Friday, June 2.
Friday, June 23: “Aesop’s Fables” with Paul Harbison. 10:00 a.m.
Friday, June 30: “Build a Better Mousetrap” with Magic Man Bill Packard. 10:00 a.m.
- Summer Storytime, Preschool—Early Elementary age Tuesdays, June 6 -27, at 9:30
- Book Signing: Sand Rock’s own John Pate will sign copies of his book about the fate of Civil War gold, Tears of Gaduhav. Friday, June 23 from 2:00-5:00.
- AARP’s Smart Driver Course will be held at the library on August 25 from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Participants are eligible for discounts from most insurance companies after completing the course for a certificate. Cost is $15.00 for AARP members and $20.00 for non-members; however, those who wish can audit the course at no charge. Please sign up by phone or at the library. For more information, visit aarp.org/drive.
- Computer Courses, funded by a grant from the Tillotson-Menlo Charitable Foundation.
Basic Beginners Computer class has a long waiting list; sign up to be contacted as space becomes available.
Full Courses: Beginners Follow-up, Advanced Email, and Computer Refresher
Two Hour Workshops: Computer Troubleshooting and Facebook.
To be added to these lists, call, visit the library, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates with our link to Follow this path: www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke; choose the “Links” tab; click on ChiltonLibrary.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet regularly on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00-3:00 P.M.