- Book Signing: If you were a Centre Warrior or know someone who was—or just love high school football–here is your chance to buy a keepsake or Christmas gift! Authors Randall McCord and Tommy Moon will be on hand Tuesday, October 13 from 10:00-12:00 to sign copies of their book, The Cotton Picking Centre Warriors.
- Green Bag Lunch Program: The library is hosting a monthly lunchtime series of gardening tips and techniques. 3rd Thursday of Every Month.
Thursday, October 17: “Planning Your Raised Beds”
with Master Gardener Charlotte Grimes 12:00—1:00
Just bring a lunch; drinks and dessert are on us.
- Story Time Programs Fall Storytime begins Tuesday, September 15. Tuesdays at 9:30 (Ages 3-5) and Thursdays at 9:30 (Babies—younger 3 year-olds) Stories, music, crafts, and coloring.
- Percy Brooks teaches “The ABCDs of Medicare” on Tuesday, October 6 at 2 p.m.
- Art Class with Cloud Farrow Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook
New to the class! Watercolor instruction with noted artist Elaine Henry Dawson.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00—1:00.
October 13: All the Rivers Run by Nancy Cato
November: After I’m Gone by Laura Lippman
December: Luncheon at Tewana’s Restaurant
- Genealogy Classes! Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year
Check with the (Beginners 10-11, Advanced 9-11, Computers 1-3.)
Sign-up and 15.00 materials fee required; call or visit the library to sign up.
- 7. Low Vision support group meets the third Tuesday of the month at 10:00. This meeting is open to the public and features special guest speakers.
Low Vision Speakers and Activities: October 20: To Be Announced
November 17: Legal Services
December 15: Christmas Party
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogical Society meets the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-12