Library Press Release 2/14/2018
Library Holidays: Closed Monday, February 19: Presidents’ Day; Friday, March 30: Good Friday
The first 7 days of each month are fine-free for books returned in good condition!
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Event
- Chair Yoga: No time to exercise? Join Linda Abernathy for a quick 15-minute stretch session before lunch! Easy, relaxing, and fun! Call (256-927-5838), email email@example.com, or visit us to sign up!
Friday, March 9 and Friday, March 16 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Genealogy Class: Class started on Monday, January 22, 9:00 a.m.—11:00a.m., and continues on Mondays through March. (except Presidents Day, February 19.) Drop-ins are welcome! Contact us by phone 256-927-5838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the library for more information.
- Art Class: Thursdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Due to the flu outbreak, Preschool Storytime is cancelled until further notice.
- Green Bag is Back! Third Thursday of the month through November, 12:00—11:00
Thursday, February 15: The Peanut Crop with Nick McMichen
Thursday, March 15: Crop Rotation with Eric Schavey
Programs continue on the 3rd Thursday of each month through November. Just bring a lunch; We’ll do drinks and dessert!
Regular Programs and Services
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00-1:00 P.M.
- Car trouble? Get expert help with car repairs and estimates with our link to Follow this path: www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke; choose the “Links” tab; click on ChiltonLibrary.
- The library’s Genealogy Room features a large and unique collection of local and family history, plus free access to com Library Edition. Visit soon!
- Visit our interactive card catalog at tinyurl.com/mKofyke to manage your account, search our collection, find library news, and follow links to some great services!