Library Holidays: Wednesday, July 4th, Independence Day. Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mKofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
News and Special Events
- Sweet Home: Alabama’s History in Maps Exhibit is in the conference room during library hours from May 21—July 19. Come and take a look! (Sweet Home: Alabama’s History in Maps was created and is provided free-of-charge by the Southern History Department of the Birmingham Public Library. Support for exhibit setup provided by the Alabama Bicentennial Commission.)
- Chair Yoga: No time to exercise? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session! Easy, relaxing, fun and free! Call (256-927-5838), email email@example.com, or visit us to sign up.
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month 11:45 a.m.—12:00 p.m. July 13 and 20 …and beyond
- “Libraries Rock” is rockin’ the library on Fridays!! Read to win prizes and meet our special guests!
July 6 at 10:00: Eric Burgess and Friends share their music
July 13 at 10:00: Animal Zoo Review “In Tune and Out of Control” with ventriloquist Gene Cordova (turn in your folders listing 25 books read by this date (June 13) to get your Summer Reading Certificate and Sock Hop ticket)
July 20 at 10.00: Summer Reading Finale: Sock Hop party for those who turned their folders in by the July 13 deadline with 25 books read.
- Adult Summer Reading!! Play “book bingo” and win prizes! Turn your bingo card in by July 13.
- Summer Storytime’s last day: Tuesday, June 26. Tuesday and Thursday programs resume September 11. Preschool – early elementary age.
- Sew Busy: Intro to Quilting Ages 10-14. Don’t know a needle from a pin? Sew what! Learn what it takes to make a fun quilting project in this class led by our own Sew Joyful Quilters. Space is limited.
Call 256-927-5838 or visit the the library to sign up.
Thursdays July 12, 19, and 26, 10:00 a.m..—12:00 p.m.
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program Third Thursday of the month through November
12:00 PM. Thursday, July 19 Bring Color into the Garden 12 Months of the Year with The Annison Star’s “Southern Gardner”, Sherry Blanton
12:00 PM. Thursday, August 16 Master Gardener Judith Rives talks about “Cooking with Herbs”
- Coming up in August: AARP’s Safe Driving Course, Friday, August 24 from 9.00—3:30. Brush up on the rules of the road and possibly qualify for a special discount on your car insurance (check with your agent) Fees: Members $15.00, Non-members $20.00; the class can be audited for free. Sign up required.
- Genealogy Class: begins Tuesday, September 4. Tuesdays from 1—3 PM. Sign up requested.
The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Tuesday of the month.