Library Press Release 12/1/2015
The library will be closed on the following dates for the Christmas Holiday
December 24 & 25
- Need help surfing the Affordable Care Act website? Join navigator Julie Hope for help on the following Tuesday afternoons, from 12 to 5. 24; Dec. 8; Dec. 15; Jan. 5; Jan. 19; and Jan 26.
- Green Bag Lunch Program 3rd Thursday of the month; Programs resume in January.
- Story Time Programs Tuesdays at 9:30 (Ages 3-5) and Thursdays at 9:30 (Babies—younger 3 year-olds) Stories, music, crafts, and coloring. Last session of the year is Dec.17. Story Time resumes on January12 and 14th.
- Art Class
Drawing with Cloud Farrow and Jo Sewell , Watercolor with noted artist Elaine Henry Dawson. Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook or painting supplies.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00—1:00.
Upcoming selections– December: Any Christmas book & Luncheon at Tewana’s Restaurant
January: Elizabeth Street by Laurie Fabiano
- Genealogy Classes! Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year (Beginners, Advanced, and Beginners Computer.) Next session begins on March 7, 2016. Sign-up and 15.00 materials fee required.
- Low Vision support group meets the third Tuesday of the month at 10:00. This meeting is open to the public and features special guest speakers.
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogical Society meets the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-12
- Our “First Friday” (the first Friday of each month) Book Sale spells savings for you—5 cents per item; all nonfiction is buy one, get two free. Something for everyone!