Library Press Release 3/1/2016
Don’t forget—the first seven days of every month are fine-free for books returned in good condition.
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00—1:00.
Tuesday, March 1, 12:00-1:00:
Author Mike Ragland will be on hand to sign his new book “A Time to Gather Stones”. The public is invited to attend and meet this local author. Bring your lunch; we’ll have drinks and dessert on hand.
- Genealogy Classes! Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year (Beginners 10:00 -12:00; Advanced 9:00-11:00; and Beginners Computer 1:00-3:00) Next session begins on March 7, 2016. Sign-up and fee required.
- Green Bag Lunch Program Regular programs continue on the third Thursday of the month
“Starting Plants from Seeds” with Master Gardener Janice Knight
Thursday, March 17 12:00-1:00
Just bring a lunch; we’ll provide drinks and dessert.
- Tablet Workshops—Find out how to get the most from your device.
iPad: Tuesday, March 22 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Android Tablet: Tuesday, March 29 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Story Time Programs Tuesdays at 9:30 (Ages 3-5) and Thursdays at 9:30 (Babies—younger 3 year-olds) Stories, music, crafts, and coloring fun.
- Art Class Drawing with Cloud Farrow
Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook or painting supplies.
- 7. Low Vision support group meets the third Tuesday of the month at 10:00. This meeting is open to the public and features special guest speakers.
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogical Society meets the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-12
- Our “First Friday” (the first Friday of each month) Book Sale spells savings for you—5 cents per item; all nonfiction is buy one, get two free. Something for everyone! Next sale date: March 4