Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit our website at https://cherokeecountypubliclibrary.org/
Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
Cherokee County Public Library is still practicing social distancing:
These are the guidelines for the library at this time.
- Please respect others and stay six feet apart.
- There will be signs and tape to help with this.
- Only 6 people will be allowed in the computer lab at one time.
- You will be limited to one hour.
- We will limit the number of people inside the library.
- During high traffic times, you may be required to wait outside.
- We want our children back at the library; however, at this time toys and puzzles have been removed from the children’s area due to the risk of spreading germs.
- We are also providing the option to book an appointment.
- Call the library with your list of books/audiobooks, and if those books are currently available, we will set up a time for you to come in and get them.
- If you are sick or have been around someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please remain at home until you are better.
- The conference room will remain closed to the public with exceptions.
- Some programming will be allowed to meet with approval.
- This will begin with original programming and consist of small groups.
- Social distancing and masks are required to attend meetings.
- Good News: We Are Going Fine Free in 2021
- This means you will no longer receive a daily fine on overdue items.
- You are still responsible for returning your items, we need our books back.
- After materials are 30 days overdue, they will be considered lost, and the patron will be charged a replacement cost. If the materials are returned in the same condition as when checked out, the replacement cost will be waived.
- Storytime: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:30-10:30
- Space is limited, and you must reserve a spot to attend.
- Call 256-927-5838 or PM on Facebook to make reservations.
- Kids & Kin: Kids & Kin with Larinda Garrett, 334-465-0099 for more info. This is a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for relative’s children. 10:30 AM-12:00 AM
- February 9—What is the Period of PURPLE Crying?
- February 23—Children’s Growth: One Step Forward; Two Steps Back
- Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org –free, in our genealogy room!
- Use your free org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
- Check our Facebook page for updates.
- At this time, we are allowing some programming to meet in the library. If we feel our patrons are at risk, we will consider postponing programming to a later date.