Cherokee County Public Library Press Release 2/10/2020
310 Mary Street, Centre, AL 35960 256-927-5838 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Hours 8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8-12 Wednesday Closed Saturday and Sunday
Library Holidays: Closed February 17, Presidents Day Fine Free week: 1 st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
1. Code Club: Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 Fun and challenging activities teach kids 10 and up to write computer code. Call Rebecca or Dana for more information. Code Club Showcase will be February 25 at 3:30!
2. Preschool Storytime Early literacy fun–songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M.—10:30 A.M.
3. Census Jobs: If you are interested in being a census taker. Stop by the library Thursday, February 13, 10:00-1:00 and talk to the Census Recruiter.
4. Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
Feb. 11: Multi-Sensory Techniques for Teaching Reading and Math; Feb. 25: Moving Onwards: Encouraging Development from 6 to 12; March 3: All about Asthma; March 17: Managing Emotions
5. TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month. Next meeting: March 2.
6. Genealogy Class: taught by Rebecca Homan. Fridays 1:00—3:00 P.M.
7. Art Workshop Thursdays at 3:30 P.M. Ages 16 and up; bring 8 X 10 sketchbook and 2 #2 pencils Special session from February 13—March 19: “Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain.”
8. Chair Yoga: February 14 & 21, 2020 11:45—12:00 Stretch with us; no special skill or clothing needed!
9. Green Bag Lunch: Gardening info and activities 12:00—1:00 on the 3 rd Thursday of each month, Jan.—Nov. February 20 Turf Grass Tips & Tricks with Nick Chambers of Chambers Lawn Service Just bring a lunch; we’ve got drinks and dessert! March 19 Pollinators and Pollinator Gardens with Josh Yerby April 16 Gardening through the Year with Master Gardener Tillie Morgan
10. The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. Want to learn to quilt? The Sew Joyful Quilters will host Piece, Patch, Quilt: Intro to Quilting from March 12 until April 23. The class will meet every other week from 10:00-12:00.
11. Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! Next session: February 18, 1:00—3:00 p.m.
12. Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
13. Dig into your family’s roots with Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org—free, in our genealogy room! Use your free FamilySeach.org account here at the library and gain access to records that are unavailable on your home computer.
14. Get free auto repair information from the ChiltonLibrary database. Go to the online catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke and click on the “Links” tab.