Library Holidays: Monday, October 14, Columbus Day Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) usually meets the first Monday of the month. Due to the holiday, this month’s meeting will be on September 9th, 2019
- Genealogy Class: Mondays 1:00—3:00. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up!
- Preschool Storytime resumes on September 10th with early literacy fun–songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M.—10:30 A.M
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. They present their annual Quilt Show, with quilts old and new—dulcimer music, too!
September 12 from 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- Art Workshop begins on Thursday, September 12 at 3:30 P.M.!
- Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy 2nd and 3rd Fridays each month!
11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M. No special clothing or skill needed. Sept. 13 & 20, Oct. 11 & 18
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
September 19: “Harvesting and Preserving Herbs” with Judith Rives
October 17: “The Bee Man” of Lookout Mountain, David Kelton
November 21: “Deck the Halls with Dana”
- Lunch Date with Your State: Our final Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime program features Alan Brown with this ghostly treat—“School Spirits: Ghost Stories from Alabama’s College Campuses.” Friday, October 18, 12:00—1:00 P.M.
- Code Club: Kids gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Self-paced learning on a first come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
Aug. 27: Plan Ahead, Be Prepared; Sept. 10: Childhood Obesity; Sept. 24: Sharing the Caring, Partnering with Relatives to Care for Children; Oct 15: Tips for Caregivers of Children 0-5; Oct 29: Keeping Children Safe: Household and Environmental Chemicals
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! October 8 and Nov. 12 12:00—3:00 P.M
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Download E-books and Audiobooks from our catalog site onto your supported device. Visit tinyurl.com/mkofyke and click the “Links” tab to find RB Digital—and so much more!
- Cherokee County Public Library is now a FamilySearch Affiliate Library! Use our computers to log in or start your free account and search a selection of databases that can’t be accessed in the home version!