Library Holidays: Monday, November 11, Veterans Day; Thursday and Friday, November 28 & 29, Thanksgiving
Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- The library will hold a dedication ceremony to honor our late Board member and chairperson, Margaret Hillhouse, on Tuesday, November 5 at 2:00 P.M.
- Fall Code Club Showcase: The library’s Code Club will show off their skills and projects on Tuesday, November 12 at 3:30 in the library conference room. Code Club meets weekly for self-paced learning, Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. Call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
- Need Affordable Care Act help? Julie Hope with Enroll Alabama will be at the library from 8:00 A.M.—12:00 P.M. to help with sign-up on November 6, November 20, and December 11.
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
November 21: “Deck the Halls with Dana”
*No program in December—it’s planning time for the 2020 schedule. Make a topic suggestion! We’ll see you in January.
- Lunch Date with Your State: Our final Alabama Bicentennial program celebrates the Alabama Charter Date and the upcoming holidays on a musical note with the Cornwall Strummers! Friday, December 13th, 12:00—1:00 M. Just bring a lunch; we have drinks and dessert!
- Preschool Storytime is early literacy fun–songs, crafts, rhymes, and of course, books! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M.—10:30 A.M.
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month. November 4; December 2.
- Genealogy Class: taught by Rebecca Homan. Mondays 1:00—3:00 P.M. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up! This class is nearly over; a new class will begin in January.
- Art Workshop Thursdays at 3:30 P.M. Ages 12 and up; bring 8 X 10 sketchbook and 2 #2 pencils.
- Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy 2nd and 3rd Fridays each month!
11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M. No special clothing or skill needed. November 8 & 15
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info. Nov. 12: The Importance of Movement: UCP.; 26: What to Do When Children Bite; Dec. 3: Children, Depression, & Suicide; Dec 17: Explore the Arts with PBS Kids:APT
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! Next date: Nov. 12, 12:00—3:00 P.M
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Dig into your family’s roots withcom and FamilySearch.org—free, right here at the library!