Cherokee County Public Library Press Release
310 Mary Street in Centre
8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
8-12 Wednesday / Closed Saturday & Sunday
- Story Time Programs The fun happens Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30. Crafts, songs, games, and of course, stories! (No storytime Thursday, April 2; last day of Spring session is April 30. Summer Storytime begins June 2)
- Reading Around Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month from 12:00—1:00.
Upcoming selections– April: The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
May: Any book by Jan Karon
June: Star Witness by D. W. Buffa
- Genealogy Classes! Track down your family tree with Jessie Whittaker and Louise Wright
Next session begins March 23; Six-week Monday sessions are held throughout the year. Sign-up and materials fee required; call or visit the library to sign up.
- Brown Bag is going Green!
Something new is springing up…
This April, the library will begin a monthly lunchtime series of gardening tips & techniques.
First up: “Soil Secrets—Prepping your garden for success”
Thursday, April 16 / 12:00 p.m.—1:00 p.m.
Just bring your lunch—drinks and dessert are on the library!
- Cloud Farrow teaches Art Class Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bring 2 #2 pencils and an 8 X 10 sketchbook.
- Low Vision support group meets the third Tuesday of the month at 10:00. This meeting is open to the public and features special guest speakers.
April 21: Renee—Working with Low Vision
May 19: Tabath Royal—A Change without Changing
June 16: Trip to Canyon JSU Fieldschool and Fort Payne
- Sew Joyful Quilting Circle Thursdays from 10:00—12:00.
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogical Society meets the 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-12.
Coming in May—Summer Reading Programs for Preschool—Elementary children “Every Hero has a Story” For teens 12-18 it’s “Unmask!”
Read books to win prizes and attend special during the summer. Sign up begins Friday, May 29.