The newest member of the Cherokee County Board of Education was sworn into office prior to Thursday’s Regular Meeting of the School Board.
Under the Honorable Judge Kirk Day – Brian Jennings took his Oath of Office before those in attendance.
Jennings fills the seat recently vacated by former Board Chairman Lisa McKissick who had served a total of ten years on the School Board.
In other business the Board elected Board Member Mark Gossett to serve as Board President and Lynn Rochester as Vice President with Suzanne Bishop being elected as Board Delegate and Mark Green, Alternate Delegate.
The Board also approved Out of State Travel for Sand Rock Softball Coach Josh Bates, to attend the National Sports Softball Clinic in Franklin, TN January 23rd & 24th, 2015 to be funded by the softball program.
Additional travel funds were approved from the Vocational Travel Funds and Perkin’s Travel Funds for Curt Hendon and James Paul Bailey for Out of State State Travel previously approved back on August 19 as funded by FFA Travel.
In personnel action – Retirement was accepted from Linda Crane, Lunchroom Worker at Gaylesville for 20 years.
Resignations accepted included
- Marian Ball, Lunchroom Worker at Centre Middle School
Ceretified Placements included
- Chelesa Kinney, History Teacher at Centre Middle School
Supplements approved included
- Dusty Cothran, Jr. High Volleyball Coach at Cedar Bluff School in the amount of $800.
Current Job Postings include
- Special Education Paraprofessional with Bus Aide Responsibilities
- Lunchroom Worker at Centre Elementary
- Lunchroom Worker at Gaylesville School
- Lunchroom Worker at Centre Middle School
- Lunchroom Worker atCedar Bluff School
- Physical Education Paraprofessional at Centre Middle School.
The next meeting of the Cherokee County Board of Education will be Tuesday, November 18th at 6:00pm.