Board Members of the Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame do not nominate candidates to the Hall of Fame. All nominations must be submitted by others to the Hall of Fame. The Board of Directors shall select those inducted from the candidate applications submitted.
Successful candidates for membership in the Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame must meet the following qualifications:
1. A nominee must be native or have been a resident of Cherokee County, Alabama during their participation in high school athletics.
2. Nominees may be or have been athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, media, team doctors, or any similar position who have made significant contributions to athletics and their respective communities.
3. A nominee must be at least forty (40) years old at the time of induction or inactive in the athletic category for at least three (3) years.
4. Active coaches will be considered as nominees if they have at least 30 years of service in Cherokee County.
5. Any person may nominate someone to be considered for the Hall of Fame.
6. The nominator is required to provide any necessary information in support of the nomination.
7. Please note that while each nominee’s athletic achievements will be of prime importance, consideration of his or her post-athletic record as a citizen will be weighed.
8. A person must have also proven worthy as a citizen by carrying the ideals of athletics forward into his or her occupational endeavors and community service.
9. Once a person is nominated, his or her name will remain on the ballot for five years. After that time, the individual must be nominated again for consideration.
10. Additional information will be accepted while a person’s name is on the ballot.
*Nomination rules and procedures are subject to change without notice. Should any adjustments be made we will post them as they become available.