Local Farmer and County Commissioner Randy Jones was in the WEIS Radio Studio on Thursday morning to discuss farm safety as we recognize National Farm Safety and Health Week.
The theme for National Farm Safety and Health Week 2020 is “Every Farmer Counts”. The theme is to acknowledge, celebrate, and uplift America’s farmers and ranchers who have encountered many challenges over the past couple of years, yet continue to work hard to provide the food, fiber, and fuel that we need. According to the 2017 Census of Agriculture, there are about 3.4 million agricultural producers in America, which is only about one percent of our population. These farmers and ranchers not only provide the essentials that we need, but they do wonderful things for their families and friends, their communities, and beyond. That is why “Every Farmer Counts” and now is the time to prioritize their safety and health.
Daily Topics of Focus
- Monday, September 21, 2020 – Tractor Safety & Rural Roadway Safety
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 – Overall Farmer Health
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 – Safety & Health for Youth in Agriculture
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 – Emergency Preparedness in Agriculture
- Friday, September 25, 2020 – Safety & Health for Women in Agriculture