SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES – and the City of Centre, Centre Fire Department and the Alabama Fire College are teaming up to distribute FREE smoke alarms to city residents, with FREE installation on a first come, first served basis.
- Having a working smoke alarm in your home reduces your chances of dying in a fire by nearly 50%.
- Place a smoke alarm on every level of your home and outside bedrooms.
- Smoke alarms should be tested monthly and the batteries replaced yearly.
- Teach children how the alarm sounds, and what to do when they hear it.
- Plan regular fire drills to practice an escape plan making sure every member of the family knows what to do and where to go when the alarm sounds.
- Keep in mind, smoke alarms do wear out – replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years.
To receive your FREE smoke alarm with FREE installation, contact Centre Fire Chief Will Gardner at (256) 927-3333 or Centre Police Chief Kirk Blankenship for more information. Remember this is on a first come, first served basis while supplies last / SMOKE ALARMS ARE NOW IN STOCK. This community safety program is a combined effort of the Alabama Fire College, the Centre Fire Department and the City of Centre.