Gas prices are on the rise in Alabama after a number of oil refineries on the Gulf Coast have closed due to Hurricane Harvey.
The average price for a gallon of regular was $2.21 in Alabama on Thursday. That’s according AAA. On Wednesday, the average price was $2.16 for a gallon of regular gas.
But in Cherokee County, some gas stations are already charging upwards of $2.39 for a gallon of regular gas on Friday, the highest we found was in Centre at $2.49.
Colonial Pipeline said it expects to be able to return to full service Sunday, restoring a critical fuel pipeline that serves much of the Southeast.
Colonial Pipeline 1 carries as much as 40 percent of the South’s gasoline. Line 2 primarily transports diesel and aviation fuels.
Gas Prices across Cherokee County;
- Chevron on West Main Street in Centre – $2.49
- Grub Mart on West Main Street in Centre – $2.39
- East Centre Texaco – $2.41
- Mapco Fuels in Centre – $2.29
- Centre Fuel City – $2.29
- Weiss Mart Marina in Cedar Bluff – $2.29
- Quick Mart in Cedar Bluff – $2.45