“Giving Tuesday” was created in 2012 as a simple idea – it’s a day designed to encourage all people to do good. “Giving Tuesday” has a mission – which is to help build a more “Just and Generous” world – and there are plenty of ways you can help do that:
- Discover a local fundraiser or community drive or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back — they need your help.
- Give to your favorite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
- Share kindness with your neighbors–check in on those who are alone and may need help with errands, or just a friendly voice to talk to.
- Show gratitude to all the healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure that we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
- Volunteer virtually, or in-person, with an organization
- Share a tutorial offering a skill or lesson to help others discover something new – or helps students add to their at-home learning.
- Encourage others to share kindness and be generous during this time