Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- The Summer Reading Program “A Universe of Stories” starts Friday, May 31 from 10:00—11:00. Attend special programs on Fridays and read books to earn prizes.
Friday, May 31: Constellations with JSU’s Niki Wayne.
Friday, June 7: Come by and Explore Our Universe with the McWane Center.
- Summer Storytime begins Tuesday, May 7th. Songs, crafts, and reading fun through June with special guests!
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
June 20: Tool Care and Sharpening with the Cooperative Extension’s Eric Schavey
July 18: Saving Seeds with the Sand Mountain Seed Bank’s Charlotte Hagood.
August 15: Remarkable Roses with Dr. Tina Jennings.
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month: June 3rd at 3:30 PM!
- AARP Smart Driver Course: Monday, July 8, 2019 9:00 AM –3:30 P.M.
$15.00 for AARP members, $20.00 for non-members. Audit the course for free. Call to sign up!
- Lunch Date with Your State: Third in our series of four Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime talks. Friday, August 16: Alabama Bemis Bags Pieced into Quilts with Sarah Wright.
- Code Club: Kids gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Self-paced learning on a first come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
May 28: Understand the Effects Stress and Trauma Have on Children; and the Simply Awesome Summer Program June 11 & 25.
- Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy for a 15-minute stretch session!
2nd and 3rd Fridays each month. 11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M. No special clothing or skill level required. June 14th and 21st, August 9th and 16th…and so on.
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! June 17 and July 9, 12:00—3:00 P.M.
- 3:30 Thursday Drawing Class: Last Day: May 30.