Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
- Summer Storytime fun continues Tuesday, June 18 with special guest Larinda Garrett.
- The Summer Reading Program “A Universe of Stories” Fridays from 10:00—11:00. Attend special programs on Fridays and read books to earn prizes.
Friday, June 21: Dr. Bond and the Science Guys
Friday, June 28: A “paws-itively” stellar day with Sixth Day Creatures
Friday, July 5: “Take Me to Your Readers!” with Tommy Johns
- Teen Summer Programs 12:00-1:00 P.M.
June 21: Dr. Bond and the Science Guys
July 12: Design a space-themed bracelet (Your choice: beaded or paracord)
- Green Bag Gardening Lunch Program
Third Thursday of the month through November 12:00 PM—1:00 PM
June 20: Tool Care and Sharpening with the Cooperative Extension’s Eric Schavey
July 18: Saving Seeds with the Sand Mountain Seed Bank’s Charlotte Hagood.
August 15: Remarkable Roses with Dr. Tina Jennings.
- Rebecca Homan, Margaret Steincamp and Sherry Nickles will be at the library on Wednesdays 9-11 A.M. to help anyone interested in becoming a member of DAR. (Daughters of the American Revolution.) They will do this each Wednesday in June. Come and visit!
- TAB (Teen Advisory Board) meets the first Monday of the month: July 1st at 3:30 PM!
- AARP Smart Driver Course: Monday, July 8, 2019 9:00 AM –3:30 P.M.
$15.00 for AARP members, $20.00 for non-members. Audit the course for free. Call to sign up.
- Code Club: Kids gain important tech skills and have fun as they learn to make websites, video games, apps, animations, and more! Self-paced learning on a first come, first served basis.
Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. #librarycodeclub For information, call Dana or Rebecca at 256-927-5838.
- Lunch Date with Your State: Third in our series of four Alabama Bicentennial lunchtime talks. Friday, August 16: Alabama Bemis Bags Pieced into Quilts with Sarah Wright
- Kids and Kin, a statewide supportive program for anyone caring for a relative’s children. 10:30 AM—12:30 PM Everyone welcome; contact Larinda Garrett at 334-465-0099 for more info.
June 25: the Simply Awesome Summer Program; July 9 & 23: From the Mountains to the Sea, Alabama is the Place to Be, Part 1 &2; August 13 & 27: Plan Ahead, Be Prepared.
- Chair Yoga: Everyday stress? Join Linda Abernathy 2nd and 3rd Fridays each month!
11:45 A.M.–12:00 P.M. No special clothing or skill needed. June 21st, July 12th & 19th .
- The Sew Joyful Quilters meet at the library on Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- Reading Around Book Club meets on the first Monday of the month, 11:00 A.M.
- Scrapbook with Friends: Bring your kit and join in! June 17 and July 9, 12:00—3:00 P.M.
- Genealogy Class begins Aug. 5th. Mondays 1:00—3:00. Call, email, or just drop by to sign up!