Frank Masi(NEW YORK) — Opening nationwide on Friday:
* Jumanji: The Next Level — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black return in this follow-up to 2017’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, this time to rescue the grandfathers of two original players who accidentally get sucked into the video game. Danny DeVito transports into The Rock’s body, while Danny Glover becomes Kevin Hart’s character, thus making the jungle adventure a whole lot more complicated. Nick Jonas and Awkwafina also star. Rated PG-13.
* Richard Jewell — Clint Eastwood directed this true crime drama that follows the titular character — played by Paul Walter Hauser — a security guard who saves thousands of lives after finding a bomb at the 1996 Atlanta bombing, but quickly becomes the FBI’s main suspect. Jewell then teams up with an anti-establishment lawyer to clear his name. Also starring Sam Rockwell, Kathy Bates, Jon Hamm, and Olivia Wilde. Rated R.
* Black Christmas — This remake of the 1974 slasher film of the same name follows a group of sorority sisters being targeted by an unknown stalker. Rather than be helpless victims, however, these young women mount a fight to the finish. Imogen Poots, Aleyse Shannon, Lily Donoghue, Brittany O’Grady, Caleb Eberhardt, Simon Mead and Cary Elwes star. Rated PG-13.
Opening in limited release on Friday:
* Bombshell — John Lithgow stars as the late Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, in this drama about several women at the network who set out to expose the alleged culture of sexual harassment there. Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, and Margot Robbie co-star, along with Kate McKinnon, Connie Britton, Malcolm McDowell and Allison Janney. Rated R.
* Uncut Gems — Funnyman Adam Sandler is generating Oscar buzz for his serious turn in this film that follows his character Howard Ratner, a charismatic jeweler in New York City’s diamond district who’s always in pursuit of his next big score. However, after making a series of high-stakes bets, he finds himself trying to balance business, family and his enemies, who are closing in. Kevin Garnett, Idina Menzel, Lakeith Stanfield, Julia Fox and Eric Bogosian also star. Rated R.
* Seberg — This political thriller follows the true story of Jean Seberg — played by Kristen Stewart — a woman who was harassed by the FBI for sympathizing with and vocally supporting the Black Panther Party. Also starring Jack O’Connell, Margaret Qualley, Zazie Beetz, Anthony Mackie and Vince Vaughn. Rated R.
(“Black Christmas” and “Uncut Gems” trailers contains uncensored profanity.)