The names of nine individuals facing statutory rape charges in connection with the series of incidents reportedly occurring on campus, and on one occasion off-campus – at Jacksonville State University – have been released in a report by WBRC FOX6 News.
- Reece Barton, age 19 – Rape 2nd Degree
- Avory Triston Cosby, age 20 – Rape 2nd Degree
- Seth Robert Emmenegger, age 22 – Rape 2nd Degree
- Daniel Ralph George, age 18 – Rape 2nd Degree
- Walker Harris, age 18 – Sodomy 2nd Degree
- Christian Lane Homesly, age 19 – Rape 2nd Degree
- Caleb Matthew Lafollette, age 21 – Rape 2nd Degree
- James Lyle, age 19 – Rape 2nd Degree
- Kyler Taran Morgan, age 18 – Rape 2nd Degree
According to that report law enforcement confirmed those arrests being made in a series of statutory rapes involving two victims between the ages of twelve and sixteen. Encounters reportedly occurred in several locations on JSU’s campus, including Meehan Hall, Sparkman Hall, Dixon Hall, and one in the parking lot of Rowe Hall. An off-campus incident took place on Mountain Street.
Investigators say although the girls are acquaintances and were willing participants they’re still underage. All nine suspects arrested have since bonded out of the Calhoun County Jail.
JSU Police are reportedly assisting in that investigation and the university administration is fully cooperating. Additional information in this report was provided by WAFF TV48. We’ll continue to follow this story as it unfolds.