Current Spring Garden Assistant Principal Wes Neyman has been named as the new Principal at Centre Elementary School effective upon the completion of current Principal Brian Johnson’s Retirement in January.
Mr. Neyman told WEIS Radio News that he was excited about the move and was looking forward to a new challenge – Neyman went onto say that he had been waiting a long for the opportunity.
In other business – the board approved out of state travel for Brandi Neyman and Molly Jordan to attend the National Softball Coaches Clinic in Nashville, TN on January 23rd and 24th to be funded by Cherokee County High School Softball, and Tina Rowland and the Sand Rock Beta Club Members to attend the Disney Youth Education Series in Orlando March 29th – April 4th at no expense to the board.
In Personnel Action –
The board accepted the resignation of Lori Koonce, Special Education Paraprofessional/Bus Aide – effective January 1st 2015.
Certified Placements included –
- Tina Arnold – Instructional Paraprofessional at Gaylesville School, effective December 3rd.
- Kenny Beck – School Bookeeper at Sand Rock School, effective December 3rd.
- Penny Clifton – 7 hour Lunchroom Worker at Centre Elementary School, effective December 3rd.
- Kenneth Farley – 6 hour Lunchroom Worker at Centre Elementary School, effective December 3rd.
- Kera Phillips – Physcial Education Paraprofessional at Centre Middle School, effective December 3rd.
Transfers by Agreement included –
- Jimmy Butler from Centre Bus Driver to Bus Driver at Sand Rock
Employment Contracts included –
- Nam Latham, HI/VI Teacher