One person was air-lifted for treatment Thursday morning following what appeared to be a gasoline and grease fire. That incident took place at around 10:30 in a shop located behind an empty building on the Piedmont Highway, across from Heritage Propane in Centre.
It’s unclear exactly what started the fire – which – according to reports, caused 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 20 to 24% of the victim’s body.
Those responding to the scene included Floyd EMS, units from the Centre, Spring Creek and Ellisville fire departments and the Centre Police Department.
We’ll have additional information as it becomes available.