Purdue head coach Matt Painter and his staff have added to its 2013-14 recruiting class today as Isaac Haas has signed his National Letter of Intent and will join the Boilermakers for the 2014-15 season.
Ranked as a four-star recruit and No. 64 nationally by Rivals.com and 83rd by 247Sports.com, Haas averaged 18.5 points, 11.0 rebounds and 4.5 blocks as a junior at Hokes Bluff High School and he saw his recruitment take off during the AAU summer season.
He joins four-star and fellow top 100 recruit Vince Edwards and three-star recruits Dakota Mathias and Jacquil Taylor in the class, which has moved into 30th on the 247Sports.com team recruiting class rankings.
“We feel very happy with our class, but will continue to evaluate our own team and our needs moving forward” Painter said.
Purdue’s 2013-14 Signing Class
Vince Edwards – F | 6-7 | 210 | Middletown, Ohio | Middletown High School
Isaac Haas – C | 7-2 | 275 | Piedmont, Ala. | Hokes Bluff High School
Dakota Mathias – G | 6-5 | 190 | Elida, Ohio | Elida High School
Jacquil Taylor – F | 6-9 | 215 | Cambridge, Mass. | Beaver Country Day School
Painter on Haas:
“I think he gives us a true post player in this class, which we desperately needed. He has a chance to be a special player here at Purdue. He’s got big-time size, very good coordination, can run the court and do a lot of different things for somebody his size. I think the main thing for us is to continue to work with him as a true low-post player while working on his individual moves and his ability to be a good post defender. We feel very, very fortunate to land a person and a player like Isaac.”
– A four-star recruit and the No. 64-ranked player nationally by Rivals.com, the No. 83-ranked player by 247Sports.com and the No. 86-ranked player by ESPN.com
– Ranked as the No. 9 center nationally by ESPN.com and the No. 6 player in Alabama by 247Sports.com
– Averaged 18.5 points, 11.0 rebounds and 4.5 blocks as a junior at Hokes Bluff High School
– Opened his senior season with a 20-point, 10-rebound, six-block effort against Pleasant Valley High School
– Becomes the third Boilermaker from the state of Alabama, joinng Decatur native Tarrance Crump (2007-08) and Joe Marshall (2001-02), who was from Mobile
– Will be the tallest player in Purdue basketball history
– Is a great system fit for the Boilermakers and a true center who will excel in Painter’s motion offense and physical man defense A 4.0 student at Hokes Bluff
– His high school head coach, Greg Watkins, describes him as a “gym rat”
– Idolizes current Indiana Pacers star Roy Hibbert
– Turned down overtures from Wake Forest, Virginia, Texas A&M, Texas, Stanford, UCLA, Butler and UAB among others